.................................................................................

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Some good advice.

So this weekend my parents came over for Beckett & Buckley to have a play date. We decided to make dinner and dessert while they were there too. My parents brought some yummy ham and we decided to make Jalapeno Bacon Macaroni & Cheese to go with it. I've had this before at Del Frisco's and it is DELISH! I found a recipe HERE. I totally recommend you try it. I'm even going to make it again for a side on Christmas eve it's that good.

But.... One little tid bit of advice before you do... Wear gloves or some over protective coverings when cleaning & cutting the jalapenos. I did not do that and I was miserable for about an hour.

I washed my hands really good after cutting them, but apparently the oil stays on your hands for quite awhile even after several washings... Well I guess I rubbed my nose. Not a good idea. The inside of my nostrils started burning soooo bad! I was complaining about it, but it wasn't something I couldn't handle. But... my mom still suggested I flush my face with water.

WORST IDEA EVER!!!!

My entire face was on FIRE! My eyes, my cheeks, nose, lips, and every other crevice on my faced burned like a son of a gun! I continued to wash with every soap in the house. It just seemed to get worse. Jeremy freaking out seeing how red my face was and the fact that I was in tears at this point, googled how to make jalapeno burn go away and I ended up like this....

With tomorrow mornings breakfast (aka greek yogurt) smeared all over my face!


I look absolutely insane, but it actually helped and I felt much better!


Thank God for Google and greek yogurt!

Loves!

No comments: