I want to document this journey so Emerson can read this when she's older and know how loved she is and what an impact she's made on my heart.
- You have had tons and tons of visitors. Grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts and uncles, and good friends have all stopped by to meet our miracle! They have all been so good to us and have brought food and necessities while Daddy and I have been staying in the NICU. Nana spent your first several nights at the hospital with us and comes every day to visit. I don't know what we would do without our amazing family and friends.
- Eme, you are still weighing right around your birth weight, gaining or losing each day but staying really close to your original weight. Yesterday you weighed 5 lbs 11 oz!
- The doctors have been bumping up your feeding volumes regularly and are at 50 mLs per feed. You do pretty good until you get to the last 10-15 mLs and then get tired/disinterested and you have to have the rest through a feeding tube they put down each feeding. We're praying you get stronger and hungrier so you don't need the feeding tube anymore.
- All the nurses comment on how sweet your disposition is. You rarely cry and only get upset when you have a dirty diaper or have the feeding tube in too long.
- You love to cuddle. I get to hold you about once a day right now and as soon as I pick you up you snuggle right in and fall asleep.
- Your skin continues to heal and you are making great improvements in your ability to blink, suck, and wiggle.
- You are just the cutest lil thing and you melt my heart every time I look at you.
- Daddy changed your diaper this week for the first time and he was so proud. He's so nervous he's going to do something wrong or hurt you because you're so little, but I just love watching him interact with you. You're an incredibly blessed girl to have him as your Daddy.
- Goodness! I just love you so much and can't wait to take you home! I pray for you constantly and know there is so many people praying for you too! I just know you are going to be all right and everything is going to work out.
Please continue to pray for our girl, specifically for her skin to continue to heal and for her feedings to get better so she doesn't have to have the feeding tube anymore.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone