.................................................................................

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You may as well ship me off to Canada…

Cause this Texan DOESN’T like football! It’s a travesty I know…

But, for those of you who know me, know that I am not a sports person at all. I don’t watch sports, I don’t participate in sports, and I genuinely have no interest in sports. One of my Mom’s favorite stories of me with sports was when she enrolled me in soccer in 2nd grade. I told her that I hated soccer because the other girls were mean because they kept kicking at me! Ha! I quit very soon after that comment when I accidentally kicked my coach and cried about it… I haven’t played an organized sport since then and I would probably feel the same way now if I attempted to play soccer and I would probably also end up with several bruises and a broken something… I have no sports ability… I don’t have any sports anything!

All of this to say that my hubby LOVES sports! Any kind of sport, but especially football and of course that seems to be the one that I am least interested in if that’s possible. I’m trying to be a good wife and support his passion for sports though! I have probably watched more sports in this past year than I have in my whole life. I even wear my Texas Tech (his alma mater) shirt on Saturday and occasionally don my Cowboys shirt on Sunday! I also added a college football app on my phone! So since the football season has officially started our weekends have become football filled and I might just be a little brain dead by the time the last game ends on Monday! (Who even knew they played football on Monday! Not me!) My husband seems to think the more he teaches me about football the more I will be interested in it. That lasted about 5 minutes! So I have been keeping myself entertained by making dirty jokes about what the officials are saying. Well that has gotten me through the weekend and I am bored again.

Soooo… I needed something to do while I “watch” football with the hubs and cheer on his teams! My Mom and Aunt are both extremely crafty! I wish I could do half of what they are able to do. Well when I was little they taught me how to cross stitch, which is a very old lady craft, but I love it! I’m normally a very detailed person so it’s perfect and it can keep me interested for long periods of time which is a miracle in and of itself. Although when I mess up I get very annoyed and won’t touch it for several months. I have only finished one picture so far in my whole life. It’s an angel that’s about 13 inches tall and 11 inches wide I am very proud of. It hangs in our living room and if I catch anyone looking at it, I just have to tell them about it. It took me almost 3 three years to finish it! My Mom and Aunt could finish something that size in just a few months! Well I started a project several months ago, a little girl that I thought would be so cute for a baby girl’s nursery, but I haven’t touched it since we moved. Yesterday I dug through the storage closet and found it and started working on it again. I may be getting ahead of myself, but I think I want to find a little boy themed cross stitch pattern to work on when I’m done with this one. I told my Mom that I want to put the little girl picture in my future baby girls nursery and she thinks I’m jinxing myself into having only boys, so being OCD and a little panicky I have to do a little boy one too!

Let’s hope this keeps me busy and out of the hubby’s hair!

Wreck’em TECH! And... whatever Cowboy fans say! YAY!



Loves!

No comments: