.................................................................................

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday Night Jeremy and I were invited to the Stars preseason game by my boss. We had a great time mingling with everyone. Although, I forgot how cold it is at hockey games and wore a sleeveless blouse. I froze my hiney off the whole night, but it was totally worth it. Jeremy even caught a gift certificate from one of those flying blimp things for $300 in free diamonds! I reminded him how beautiful his wife looks in diamonds and how much she loves presents! Ha! He then reminded me what $300 in diamonds will actually get…  I told him to save it for Christmas!



On Saturday we woke up early (and by early I mean 10:00 am) and got ready, then Jeremy, Beckett, and I went to Dallas to spend the day with one of my best friends. She recently found out she has Melanoma and had to have surgery to remove the skin cancer and to perform biopsies on her lymph nodes. She was pretty cut up and not feeling so hot so I wanted to bring her something yummy to eat to make her feel better. Jeremy and I stopped by Society Bakery to pick up some cupcakes (Italian cream, Oreo, and Key Lime! Delish!) and also stopped in at the deli next store to grab some sandwiches and soup. How could that not make you feel better??? It was a rainy yucky day so it was a perfect to just sit around and relax with a couple of my favorite people and of course my favorite dog. I think my friend really enjoyed having Beckett to cuddle with too, he loves to cover up with blankets and snuggle in. I think we were just what the doctor ordered because that was the first day she hadn’t had to take pain pills every 4 hours! Go team Neurohr!! Hahaha! I kid! Oh a serious note though, to see what she has been through has completely changed my perspective on tanning and sun safety! I will never ever step foot in a tanning bed ever again and will always wear sun screen when I’m outside. She said she would send pictures of her surgery if anyone still thinks tanning is a good idea and they’re not a risk! It’s totally not worth it! Spray tanning has gotten way better in the past couple of years, so if you need to be tan do that! I promise orange toes every once in a while is way better than skin cancer!


Cuddling on the couch!
That evening we had a dinner party at our Friend’s Cathy & Bobby’s house with another couple Tiffany & Chris. Cathy made a ton of food and I brought along a salad and some garlic green beans. Everything was so good, I was stuffed afterward! It was a lot of fun seeing everyone and hanging out. Tiffany is preggers so it was super cute to see her baby bump and hear all about her baby things. Can’t wait to meet lil baby R!

Sunday, I decided that I was going to clean out the closet in what is currently Beckett’s room. I had just stuffed stuff in there when we moved in and it has been driving me CRAZY! I am definitely one of those people that can’t stand waiting on other people or asking for help. Not a good combo when Jeremy is watching the Cowboys game and I’m trying to lift boxes full of text books to shelves 10 feet high! I dropped a couple boxes, no injuries, ran in to the closet door jamb a couple of times, only a few bruises on the forearm and knee, smashed my finger with a 40 lb dumbbell, slightly purple finger nail, and then smashed my finger with a 4.5x4 ft piece of plywood I’m using to make a headboard which caused a quite disgusting blood blister thing on my pinky finger… at that point I decided I needed to quit before I seriously injured myself. I felt like a bull in a china shop! Oh and If I ever actually finish the headboard I will post pictures!

The night before we had talked to Tiffany and Chris about a puppy play date on Sunday evening with their great dane, Teague and their weenie dog, Callie Rae. Teague is still a puppy and already looks three times the size of Beckett. We figured a bigger dog might be good to help Beckett with his aggression with other dogs. Tiffany invited a couple of her friends to the park who have two great danes as well. So between 3 danes, a boxer, and a weenie we were quite the spectacle at the park. Beckett wasn’t at all scared of the enormity of the danes and still tried to attack! No good! So we practiced sitting and watching and not growling. He finally was able to be about 5 feet away without getting upset after about 30 minutes. I figure that’s a great start since we haven’t been able to do that since we got him. We are so happy that we have friends that are understanding and are willing to help socialize him. We want him to like other dogs and not have to worry about him going nuts every time he sees another dog. By the time we left Beckett was soaking wet from playing in the kiddie water park and covered in doggy slobber so when we got home he got a nice relaxing bubble bath and passed out cuddled up next to mommy!


It was a fantastically busy weekend!

Loves!


1 comment:

by Teddy (creator of IHM) said...

OMG Kendall I love the new blog design. It looks soooo GREAT!!!! I love love the colors!!!