.................................................................................

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Questions

Found this fun questionnaire at The Glamorous Life of a Housewife, and decided to join in!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper definitely! I love to wrap presents and make pretty bows! I always feel so accomplished when they are all perfectly decorated under the tree!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, I’ve heard too many horror stories of dogs marking a real tree. Although our friends great dane marked their fake tree! Can you imagine that puddle?!?!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually The day after Thanksgiving!

4. When do you take the tree down? January 2nd. I like to keep the lights up for New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope. The hubs loves loves loves it though. As soon as it’s in stores we have to look through all the brands and find the one without nutmeg…

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can’t really remember an absolute favorite. I loved baby dolls though and I always got so excited to get a new one. I don’t remember the name of them, but I was really into the babies that were a surprise. You couldn’t see what gender it was and it came with a card that you put in water and the babies name would magically appear & tell you had a boy or a girl, I always prayed it was a little girl. And I always got a little girl, now that I think back I bet that’s all they had.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom and mother-in-law

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely Snail Mail. I get so excited when I get one!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I always get underwear and socks in my stocking, when I was a teenager I thought it was absolutely horrible and embarrassing, but now I love it and can’t wait to get new socks and undies!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf! It just makes me smile!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November, I was very proactive this year. I’m completely done except for stockings.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. :-/

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? French Silk Pie! So Yum!

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Clear. Jer thinks colored lights are tacky. I think they’re festive so I’m working on him and trying to convince that they can look pretty!

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all. I can’t wait until after thanksgiving to bust out all my CD’s.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We don’t go anywhere far away, but we travel all over DFW visiting our three different sets of parents.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No, sadly.

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? We just got a new tree and our previous topper (a star) is too small so don’t have anything right now. Maybe next year…

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My family’s tradition was to open family presents on Christmas Eve and then a big “Santa” gift and stockings on Christmas morning. Being married and wanting to be with both families has changed up the plans a bit so we are still trying to figure out our traditions!

22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Definitely “I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas”, makes me want to dance and march around the room while singing it at the top of my lungs! HA!

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Trying to make it to everything and getting stressed out about it…

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Gold snowflakes! I love how they sparkle on the tree!

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Ham

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really want a digital reader, like the Nook. I’ve started to really get into reading and I’m spending a ton on books!

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don't know how old I was. I still like to pretend and believe. I do my parents stockings! So I’m Santa now!

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot Apple Cider! Yummy!

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Love the reds, greens and golds!

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? We have lights on the house. So... yes!

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Chimney

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Gifts, I like picking things out and seeing what people pick out for me! Much more fun!

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

YOUR TURN!!

Loves!

 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I copied this from you!! Did you know I linked to you in my original Shutterfly post?? I keep forgetting to tell you!!!