.................................................................................

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just call me Martha

I've been off all week and I have really been into crafting. First the headboard and yesterday I made some decorative candles.

I was at hobby lobby and found a candle that I loved, but I felt it was way too expensive to buy and I wanted two. So I got inspired to make my own for far cheaper.

I bought two candles originally $14.00, but they were half off. Two crosses for $20.00 and some ribbon that was half off as well for $1.50. Total comes to $35.50 which was the cost of the original candle!




I actually decided to keep the wrapper on because I liked the pattern and just used the ribbon to cover the middle part and the words. I used hot glue to put it all together. It only took me about 5 minutes to complete this project.



Love them!




Today I'm working on painting an old ugly mirror for one of the guest rooms.

Loves!


No comments: