I thought I would share how I made it because it was pretty easy and far less expensive than buying a real headboard.
1. Particle board cut at Lowe's - $6.00
2. 2 rolls foam batting - $9.00
3. 2 sets of Button makers - $6.00
4. Quilt - $17.00
Extras (things I already had not counted in my total):
1. Staple gun & staples
2. Extra fabric to cover my buttons (I used one of Jeremy's old white t-shirts)
3. Upholstery needle and thread
First, lay out all materials to make sure you have enough fabric & foam.
Drill your pre-measured holes for your buttons. Drill one large hole and a small hole next to it.
Then staple the foam batting and fabric down. It's easier to do the fabric with the board standing so you can make sure it's even.
This is what it looks like when it's done.
Then add your buttons. Go through the small hole first so when you are coming back through the larger hole will be easier to find.
Thread your button.
Pull it tight and tie in thread in a knot.