.................................................................................

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Updates & Recaps...

I was lucky enough to have the afternoon off last Wednesday before Thanksgiving. So I strolled out of the office at 12:00 and went to have a yummy lunch at Whole Foods with Jeremy before I headed home to pack for me, Jeremy, and Beckett to go to my parents house for a couple days.


And since I had to pack for Jeremy I decided to play a lil prank and only pack him hot pink and lime green socks! HA! He was soooo excited about that! Hehehe!


They are only an hour away, but when we go we tend to stay a while. It’s just so nice to have someone take care of you. They cook, clean, take care of Beckett, and let us sleep in! It’s FANTASTIC!

Thanksgiving was amazing as usual. It was my parents, brother, Jeremy’s Mom (Kay), and his sister (Michelle) and her fiancĂ© (Rod). I feel so blessed that we are able to spend thanksgiving with both of our parents (minus Jeremy’s Dad (Glenn) & Stepmom (Kim), maybe they will be able to join us next year <3). I ate sooooo much food and then continued to pile it in for the next 2 days! I couldn’t help myself… :-/

It was freezing on Thanksgiving day so my parents had to bring in their tomato plants and I somehow convinced them the make fried green tomatoes! They were DELISH! I couldn’t have been more thankful for some cold weather and one of my favorite foods! I didn’t take any pictures of Thanksgiving stuff on my camera though… they were all on my dad’s camera and the pictures sizes are too big to email… Boo!



Friday I was planning to do a lot of black Friday shopping, but I just couldn’t convince myself to get out of bed and deal with the crazies. I did get out later that afternoon and bought a few things. I finally got the materials to make Riley’s (My BF’s baby) 1st birthday tutu! It turned out way cuter than I thought! We also met Homer... That's a whole other post... I'll just tell you it didn't go well. Hopefully I will get to that tonight or tomorrow.


Saturday morning we finally got off our booties and took ourselves home! I cleaned the house a little and got cleaned up for dinner with Kim, Glenn, Michelle & Rod. We went to one of my favorite spots in Dallas, Eno’s. It’s a pizza place in the Bishop Art’s District. I love that you can eat tons of pizza and then walk it off looking in all the cute shops down there! I got a couple Christmas presents while I was there too!

On Sunday I think we were the most productive we have EVER been. I guess all the relaxation caught up to us and we needed to get busy. I cleaned the rest of the house, bought some more Christmas decorations as well as a new tree (our old one was from my apartment and looked teeny tiny in the new house), completed decorating the house, planted spring bulbs and winter pansies, and then wrapped presents!!! I was so proud of all of our accomplishments!


We even topped off the night off with a trip to Petsmart with Beckett. He was obsessed with the Guinea Pigs! We had to drag him away from their cages! It was too funny!


Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend!

Loves!

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Just found just doing a bit of blog hopping, reading comments and saw your name is Kendall too! Wanted to say hi from a fellow Kendall in Dallas!

Kendall said...

Hey! So nice to hear from another girl named Kendall! Your blog is great btw!