.................................................................................

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday, Jeremy picked me up from work and we went to happy hour at one of our favorite spots. Not sure if there is any better way to end the week than happy hour with my cute hubby, blue cheese nachos, and martinis. I don’t think so!



Saturday, we spent the day with some good friends, Tiffany and Chris. The boys went out and played and rode four-wheelers all day, while I spent the day indoors with Tiffany and cuddled her adorable little girl, Tinley Kay. Once the boys finally got home and cleaned up we headed out to dinner at Texas Land and Cattle. I had their steak soup and it was DELISH!


Sunday, we spent the day at my parent’s house just relaxing and spending time with them. Jeremy and I went running while we were there because their neighborhood has some great trails in it. We took their boxer along with us, it was so fun to run with both the dogs after they got calmed down from the excitement! We did week 5 day 2 and I actually did really well. We will be finishing up week 5 tonight with the 20 minute run! I have been wishing and hoping and thinking and praying about this one! I just know I can do it (or at least that’s what I’m telling myself!).

They weekend was great until Monday morning….

I was supposed to head out to Fort Worth to have lunch with some old coworkers, so I hopped in my car at 10:15 because it’s a little over an hour drive, only to find that my car won’t start. It was making a weird grunting noise along with some clicking. I panicked and proceeded to call Jeremy about 5 times with no answer, then called my dad to ask him what I should do. He was convinced that my battery was dead and that I needed to open the hood to take a look.

Once I figured out how to get the hood open I noticed right away that there was this blue foamy stuff all over one of the connecters to the battery (I don’t know the technical names for these things so bare with me!). My Dad informed me that I needed to disconnect the wire thing from the battery and clean it off; his description did not match what I was looking at all. I’m sure if I knew what I was looking at it probably made perfect sense. So I started scrounging through Jeremy’s tool box and found some tools that looked like they could do the job. After about 30 minutes of trying to unscrew something that never needed to be unscrewed I hit the battery with the wrench (I think that’s what it was) and the wire thing popped off the battery. Positive connection was done and taken apart! YAY!


I cleaned it up and reconnected it and tried to start the car, only to sound even worse than it did before. UGHHHHH!!!

Jeremy had gotten my panicked voicemail and decided to come home between meetings thinking this would be a quick fix… Only to find me sweating and defeated in the garage hitting the battery because I couldn’t get the negative cable off. He had trouble getting it off too (not gonna lie made me feel a little better). At about 12:15 the battery was finally unhooked from everything and we headed to NTB to get it checked out. My dad was right, the battery was completely dead. I was very thankful that was it and it wasn’t some other more expensive problem. We purchased the new battery, felt very accomplished, and then headed home.

We got back to the house and Jeremy tried to put the battery in the car. It would not fit… we jiggled it and pushed it trying to get it to sit in the little tray thing. It wouldn’t budge… So I call NTB to double check that we got the right battery and we weren’t missing anything. The NTB guy assured me it was right. Another 30 minutes of trying to smash that stupid battery in unsuccessfully went by so I called again to have him measure the other battery; he tells me it’s the same size. I get MAD!!! Call the Ford Dealership in town and see what they have to say and it turns out NTB did give us the wrong battery so we headed to Ford to get another battery. Got home, put the battery and it fits like a charm. We (and when I say we, I mean Jeremy did it while I held a flashlight) got it all hooked back up. Four hours later, a lot of cussing, beating the battery with wrenches and my car STARTED! Thank the LORD!

Jeremy had to head back to work so I had to take the first battery back to NTB by myself. The guy that sold it to us acted completely in shock that I was bringing it back and totally inconvenienced that he was going to have to return it. He wanted to know why I just didn’t take the tray out of the car and make it fit! Are you kidding me!?!?!?! He told me he couldn’t return it right now and that it would be a few minutes so I said ok. Then he proceeded to do some busy work while I sat there and glared looked at him. He finally credited my card after about 5 minutes! He didn’t even apologize for the inconvenience or say anything remotely close to the fact that they screwed up! Couldn’t believe how rude he was to me when he made the mistake. I would have been fine if he would have just said sorry… I told him to have a nice day and went on my way! Needless to say I won’t be returning to NTB.

The rest of the day was spent running errands, cleaning, and cooking a special dinner for the hubs for taking care of my car and me! After all the car drama it was so nice to have the afternoon to clean and cook, I’m so jealous of stay-at-home wives! It would be so nice to be able to not have to do that stuff on my weekend and actually have a consistently clean house and a well fed hubby! Maybe someday! A girl can dream, right?

Loves!

No comments: